Connecting PHS Pathways to Northeast Ohio Opportunities
By now you should be familiar with the Perry High School Pathways. The four Pathways are explained in detail if you click the image. Your mission is to take a deeper look at the PHS Pathway that aligns with your internship. You will critically examine research which will expose you to more details about specific career opportunities within this Pathway. You will learn about key assets that our region has to offer creative thinkers with the skills needed to continue making northeast Ohio a viable option for job seekers.
Your first step is to organize yourselves by Pathway. You will work as a team to gather information, conduct an analysis, and reflect on what you've learned in light of your own goals for your future. Use the links found under each Pathway to gather the information you will need to answer the key questions below. Your responses should be written in paragraph form. You should indicate what sources you used to derive the data you use to answer the questions below. Each intern is responsible for submitting a form found below with the answers to these questions. Your responses will be similar to those in your group for questions 1-4, but the 5th question will be a specific response that connects with your individual future plans.
1. Identify key companies in Northeast Ohio who hire graduates with skills and educational experiences that align with your internship.
2. What are current and projected developments within our region specific to your pathway?
3. What kind of projections are being made about job growth in northeast Ohio between now an 2020? Who is making these projections?
4. What Northeast Ohio colleges, universities, or post-secondary training are available related directed to your Pathway and your internships?
5. After examining the research related to economic developments in your pathway/internship what stands-out most to you? What are the big "take-aways"? Your response should be specific to you and what you believe your goals to be for your future. How does this information impact you specifically?
BELL PATHWAY Business, Education, Leadership, and Law
Use the Ohio Means Jobs Occupational Search feature to answer the questions above.
Based on your specific internships you could use search terms like "police" or "law enforcement"
Use the Ohio Means Jobs Career Pathways
Based on your specific internships you could use search terms like Finance, or Education.
STEM PATHWAY Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Northeast Ohio Remains Vital to Economy
The biomedical industry – which includes medical device manufacturing, pharmaceuticals and therapeutics, and research and development – is a driving force in the Cleveland Plus region.
Northeast Ohio RITE Board
Northeast Ohio is one of the fastest growing Information Technologies (IT) communities in the country; but as a region, we are not growing the talent needed to fill the jobs. The RITE Board is a collaboration of senior I.T. executives, educational leaders, and industry organizations that are committed to addressing this problem.