First Impressions Module
Click here to view the Perry WORKS link for interviewing tips.
We will use this slide show as you prepare for first time interviews.
Also, go to the Ohio Means Jobs resources. Ohio Means Jobs has a mini-course that they use to get students prepared for interviews. You should have both tabs open as we work through the basics of a strong interview.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER: This is the final piece of Module #4 for today. You will be using interview stream to practice your answers to commonly asked questions.
Here are some links to resources within Interview Stream specifically designed for students.
Click here for the Users Guide and the Umm,Like Guide.
You will be asked to put your interview skills to the test using Interview Stream. A link has been shared with your email to set up an account. You will need to answer ALL of the interview questions found in the Commonly Asked Interview Questions and submit your interview for review.
Finally, you will be asked to assess yourself. Use this document (found below) to self-reflect on your overall interview. Feel free to redo questions. You have unlimited chances to practice and perfect.
FINAL PRESENTATION - There should be one slide in your presentation about Interview Stream. Be ready to explain to the panel how you used interview stream to prepare for your internship and how you will use interview stream in the future..
BEFORE YOU GO...
Please share your Folder "Summer Internship" with Mrs. Soeder. This folder should include the following...
- Summary of your My Vocational Situation
- Summary of your Interests using Naviance and Ohio Means Jobs. Be sure to explain your Holland Code.
- Career Matches
- Work Values,
- Mini Myers-Briggs
- Career Identity document with the results of the research you did for 3 different occupations
- Informational Interview Questions typed and saved in their own document
- 4-8 Slides (Career identity and professional exploration) which will eventually make up your final presentation.
- One slide with a copy of your resume for the panel to see. Be ready to explain the strengths and weaknesses of this resume. No need to include your cover letter int he power point.
- A slide that highlights your SMART Goals for your Internship experience.
- Interview Reflection: Give your self-assessment to Mrs. Soeder.
- Add a slide to your powerpoint about Interview Stream. Be prepared to explain to the panel as you present what interview stream is and how you used in during this boot camp.