POWER OBJECTIVE 1: Connect an internship to professional and personal future direction through exploration, experience, and reflections.
- Complete career related assessments in order to identify and articulate professional and personal values, strengths and interests.
- Use personalized profile to clarify goals related to career options utilizing a range of career information resources.
Adult Fan Project for a Summative Grade
Interviews done by ____________________
class time provided on ___________________to write this summative
Interns MUST complete interviews prior to class on _______________
Your write- up /paper is due ________________ for the ADULT FAN assignment.
To conclude this unit of study you will complete the Adult Fan Project as a culmination of all that you have learned through this journey of self-discovery. The Adult Fan Project requires you carve out some time to meet with adults who have a positive impact on your life and learn what they believe to be true about who you are. In order for this to be successful you must select three adults who know you very well. One of these three adults may be a parent or both of your parents. Outside of your parents you must interview 2 other adults.
Who are your Adult Fans? Maybe you are close with a neighbor, coach, teacher, someone who you babysit for, or possibly a member of your church? Consider the questions that you have ask to this person. Some of these questions won’t be easy to ask but work through the discomfort and potential awkwardness and you will find valuable discussions emerge.
You will be required to submit a paper at the conclusion of the three interviews. Consider asking your Adult Fan the following questions. Feel free to come up with your own questions to keep the conversation flowing.
- How would you describe the kind of person I am today? How have I changed or stayed the same since I was younger?
- What are some of my strengths? What specific qualities do I have that will help me to achieve my goals?
- How have I made you proud?
- Everyone gets stressed and feels pressure. Have you noticed specific things that create added pressure for me? What is good about the way I deal with stress? How could I improve?
- As you know I am interested in ___________________, what do you think of this for my future?
- What are some of my general blind spots/weaknesses/areas for improvement?
- Do you have any dreams for my future? What are they? What is your vision for me?
- Do you have any advice for me?